MUNICH, March XNUMX, XNUMX - Belkin reduces its carbon footprint by 2% and uses 50% renewable energy for its operations
Belkin International, a global leader in consumer electronics and Internet of Things, announced today that it will become 2025% carbon neutral on Scope 2 emissions by 100. Belkin has already achieved its sustainability goals set for 2020 and intends to build on this success: By 2025, Belkin will meet its corporate goals with several of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations harmonize: with climate protection, responsible consumption and sustainable production as well as with peace, justice and strong institutions. The company is responding to the urgent call of the United Nations for all countries to act together in a global partnership.
"While we are proud of our accomplishments and sustainability efforts over the past four decades, we keep looking ahead and setting new goals and higher standards," said Steve Malony, CEO of Belkin International. “Our company is made up of people who want to leave our children and future generations a better place on our planet. We will continue our commitment to a circular economy and carbon neutrality, as well as our commitment to support the Paris Agreement. "
Belkin has already achieved these goals:
- the recycling of 22.667 tons electrical and electronic devices as well as 8.988 tons of packaging to reduce the CO2 footprint on a much larger scale,
- a 100% compensation of electricity consumption of the US storage center via credits for renewable energies from a wind farm as well as optimized material procurement and use to ensure ethical and efficient operation and
- the reduction of plastic consumption in the cable range by 90%, with wireless charging pads by 48% and with wireless charging stations by 81%.
Belkin has set itself the following sustainability goals for 2025:
Climate protection (UN goal 13) - Belkin is committed to taking immediate action to combat climate change and its effects.
- Belkin signed the America is All In Agreement to reaffirm its commitment to the Paris Agreement.
- Belkin will become 2025% carbon neutral on Scope 2 emissions by 100.
- Belkin will also work towards carbon neutrality for Scope 1 and 3 emissions.
Packaging and electronic waste (UN goal 12) - Belkin is committed to sustainable consumption and production sure.
- Based on the 2019 benchmark, Belkin aims to reduce its single-use plastic packaging by 2025% by the end of 25.
- Belkin will switch to FSC-certified paper for all retail packaging.
- Belkin will aim for a 30% recycling rate for all plastic packaging where the total avoidance of plastic is not possible.
- Belkin recognizes the EU's goal of building a circular economy and will seek ways to reduce its e-waste footprint by reducing plastic usage and recycling.
- Belkin will be reviewing the recycled content in its products to move towards a sustainable circular economy, prioritizing the reuse of critical materials such as copper and tin.
Human rights (UN goal 16) - Belkin is committed to just, peaceful, and inclusive social development.
- The Belkin umbrella organization is a founding member of the RBA and has incorporated and implemented all RBA standards in its internal policies and processes.
- 100% of all Belkin suppliers must adhere to our Supplier Code of Conduct.
- 100% of all Belkin suppliers are required to complete a social compliance audit every 2 years.
In his Sustainability report for 2020 describes Belkin in detail its 5-year timeline for meeting its sustainability goals in the areas of climate change, packaging, electronic waste, corporate governance and reporting.
To support these efforts, Belkin has also established its first Sustainability Committee, an internal group of VP-level environmental activists designed to help the company achieve its high-level goals. The executive sponsor of this committee is CEO Malony.
Belkin is a leading accessory supplier that provides power, protection, productivity and connectivity solutions for a wide range of consumer electronics and enterprise environments. The devices developed in Southern California include award-winning product lines such as the Store and Charge Go business solutions, the SOUNDFORM audio portfolio, the mobile BOOST? CHARGE power supply and the SCREENFORCE screen protection. Available in over 50 countries around the world, Belkin solutions enable people to use the technology they love at home, at work, or on the go.
In 2018, Belkin International (Belkin, Linksys, Wemo, Phyn) merged with Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) to further expand its global influence. In this constellation, too, the company is guided by the inspiration from the people and the planet on which we live.